The Thomaston-Upson County School System has released the following Acceptable Behavior Guidelines for the graduation ceremony of the Upson-Lee High School Class of 2013, which will be held this Friday night, May 24, 2013 at 8 p.m. at Matthews Field:
As an invited guest to this private ceremony, the Upson-Lee High School Class of 2013 requests that you adhere to the following guidelines for acceptable behavior:
• During the presentation of diplomas, please do not applaud after each name is called. Family members may stand silently when your child’s name is called; there will be a time for applause after each row of names is called.
• No noisemakers allowed.
• No yelling or verbal outbursts during the ceremony.
• Turn off all cell phones.
• No unauthorized personnel will be allowed on the field or track during the ceremony.
• No tripods please; still cameras and video cameras should be held in your seats. Professional photos will be available to all graduates at a later date.
• Children should be supervised at all times.
• There will be a time for celebration upon completion of the commencement ceremony.
• The ceremony will begin promptly at 8 p.m. Please find your seat prior to this time and remain seated throughout the ceremony.
• No reserved seating.
• No balloons.
• Please be courteous and remain seated until the end of the ceremony.
• Please take notice of the disorderly conduct signs at the field. Our policy is to prosecute anyone who violates the disorderly conduct ordinance #62-10. The minimum fine for this offense is $365.