I recently had my 55th birthday, which isn’t really all that old, but way past ‘you’re young and have your whole life ahead of you.’
The road of life I’ve been on has been rather bumpy, muddy, rocky, and mostly uphill. It’s been a long walk. So I stopped to rest and think about it. And this is what I think:
1. Everything happens for a reason.
2. You get what you give.
3. What goes around comes around.
4. Don’t kick a sleeping dog, he might wake up and bite you in the butt!
5. There’s a silver lining in every dark cloud.
6. It all comes out in the wash.
And my favorites:
7. The tangled webs we weave when we practice to deceive.
8. Holler loud and long enough and someone will hear you and holler back.
People need to think of these things more often.
Thinking of the road ahead,
H. W. Pennington