November 18, 2013
Mr. Arthur Moore, custodian at Upson-Lee North Elementary and Custodial Supervisor for the Thomaston-Upson School System, has been named a finalist in the Cintas 2013 Janitor of the Year contest. Moore was nominated for this award by ULNE personnel. An excerpt from Moore’s nomination states: Dependability, professionalism, leadership—three words that carry such merit, yet when compared to the work ethic of Arthur Moore, seem so inadequate. In eight years, Arthur Moore has established the reputation of being one of the most driven, responsible employees within our school system. Mr. Moore accomplishes every task with a can-do attitude and works hard to create an optimum environment for learning.
“We’ve received some amazing stories of heroism, compassion, and friendship,” said Dave Mesko, Senior Director of Marketing, Cintas Corp. “The top 10 finalists for this year’s award are ambassadors for their schools and true figures in their communities. We are thrilled to share their stories and look forward to seeing who the public selects as their favorite.”
The 2013 Janitor of the Year will receive a $2,500 cash prize along with $2,500 in Cintas products and services for his or her school – not to mention bragging rights. The top ten finalists are:
1. Arthur Moore – Upson Lee North Elementary School (Thomaston, GA)
2. Grady Harris – Hilltop Elementary School (Wyoming, OH)
3. Stuart Langford – Chico Country Day Charter School (Chico, CA)
4. Larry Aupperlee – Minnesauke Elementary School (East Setauket, NY)
5. Patrick Peterson – North Valley High School (Reno, NV)
6. Lynette Prior – Georgetown Middle School (Georgetown, SC)
7. Dan Smith – Henry Senachwine CUSD 5 (Henry, IL)
8. Susan Suehs – Magnolia Elementary School (Joppa, MD)
9. Alan Thibault – W. Edward Balmer Elementary School (Whitinsville, MA)
10. Mike Woodruff – Archbishop McNicholas High School (Cincinnati, OH)
To read more about the finalists and cast your vote for Upson-Lee North’s Arthur Moore, please visitwww.cintas.com/janitoroftheyear. Voting will be open through Monday, Dec. 2.